The following are taken from the Presbyterian Church in America's Book of Church Order in section 57-5:
(All of) you being here present to make a public profession
of faith, are to assent to the following declarations and promises,
by which you enter into a solemn covenant with God and His
Church.The Presbyterian Church in America's Book of Church Order ("BCO") has licensure vows for pastors and membership vows for members. The following membership vows are taken from the BCO in section 57-5. The licensure vows affirm a confessional and comprehensive understanding of God's Word in BCO section 19-3.
- Do you believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, as originally given, to be the inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice?
- Do you sincerely receive and adopt the Confession of Faith and the Catechisms of this Church as containing the system of doctrine taught in the Holy Scripture?
- Do you promise to strive for the purity, peace, unity and edification of the Church?
- Do you promise to submit yourself, in the Lord, to the government of this Presbytery, or of any other into the bounds of which you may be called?
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ.
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?